I am all about easy, quick recipes. And if it only involves one pot, even better!
Consider doubling this recipe and freezing the leftovers.
Who says healthy eating can't be full of taste?
Nourish your mind,
Easy White Chicken Chili
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans of white kidney beans, drained (not rinsed)
- 2 cups (16 oz) jar of salsa verde
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced (optional)
- Optional toppings: diced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped green onion, crumbled tortilla chips
In a large stockpot, add chicken broth, beans, salsa and cumin. Stir to combine and heat over medium-high heat until boiling. Then add the chicken breasts and let simmer for about 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
Pull the chicken breasts out to shred. Stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Add back the shredded chicken. Remove from heat and serve with desired toppings.